Peace is an embodied practice. Dance Peace is an initiative where refugee children and families in areas of social tension work together toward peace in their communities through dance. Together, we address insular or divided neighborhoods, potential or actual violence, and Track 3 diplomacy through dance education and experiences.
We curate, design, facilitate or collaborate on projects that we theorize will have positive, urgent and relevant impact for each specific context.
- Gas, grocery, or visa cards for the families
- Dance wear including long-sleeve leotards, ballet skirts and tights in child small to large
- Instruments and music books for children (Arab and Western)
- A suggestion for a song of peace, togetherness, resilience or empowerment that the integrated class of girls can dance to (perhaps someone could even play live to accompany them)
- Volunteer drivers and translators
- Audience for the children’s performances
- Invitations for more performance opportunities